Kitchen Refurbishment - the 80:20 Rule
|Fed up with the 'look' of your Kitchen? |
The chances are everything works OK but you have lived with it for a long time and just want a change.
Did you know that YOU can achieve 80% of the visual benefits of a new Kitchen for only 20% of the Cost? By carrying out a Refurbishment the transformation to the appearance of a 'tired' kitchen can be really amazing. The only equipment required can already be found in the toolbox of most home owners, Tape Measure, Screw Driver and Drill. If you do not possess a Power Drill the savings you make will cover the cost of purchasing a basic model many times over, you will then have this available for other future projects.
We will drill the hinge holes in your new doors to exactly match those you are replacing, it is then simply a matter of unscrewing four screws, removing the old door and screwing the new door into place. Having hung all of the doors, offer your choice of knob or handle up to one door, decide where you want it and drill the hole(s) for the fixing bolts. Sound's easy doesn't it? It really is!!
If you want a more extensive makeover, using the same sort of basic equipment you can easily change the plinths/kickboards and by applying self adhesive Vinyl Foil you can also alter the colour of your cabinet ends to match the colour of your new doors, producing a great coordinated effect.
The tasks described above will achieve 80% of benefits Those below account for the remaining 20%. Changing Cornice and Pelmet requires a higher level of skill and more sophisticated equipment to produce the perfect mitre joints which will give the job that 'professional' touch. Mitres can be cut by hand but it is not easy to achieve the sort of accuracy it is possible to get with a powered mitre saw when used by an experienced operator.
Worktop replacement is a job we would recommend should be undertaken by a professional as the disconnection/removal of water, electricity and sometimes gas services may well be involved. In recent years many new regulations have been introduced requiring that these tasks be carried out only by qualified persons. Other than the consideration of services the cutting of worktop corner joints is most definitely a skilled operation requiring expensive tools and jigs.
YOU too can Find Buried TreasureJUST DIG HERE