Buying Double Glazing in ScotlandMay 13, 2017
Pricing replacement double glazed windows
If you are thinking about replacing the double glazed windows in your house, here are 5 things to know about the cost.
- the style of the window will affect the price you pay – casement windows are the most common and tend to be the lowest prices in the market
- Sash windows usually open vertically and are quite expensive compared to other types.
- tilt & turn versions of sash windows in upvc will not necessarily be more expensive than a traditional box sash window.
- If your new windows have thicker or thinner profiles than the original, there will be more building work needed and hence more expense.
- always look for 4 or 5 different companies to quote so that you can see who is offering the better prices.
It is recommended to use an installer that is registered with GGF, FENSA OR CERTASS.